Bridal Party Ettiquette
Bridesmaids Duties and Responsibility
The number of bridesmaids depends on the size and cost of the wedding. The bride may have sleepless nights making the decision of her supporting cast.
She knows that who ever she picks to join her bridal party will honour their duties, responsibilities and some costs during the course of the wedding.
Bridesmaids duties will vary according to how many bridesmaids you have. If you have 3 bridesmaids, you should delegate different tasks to each girl - your wedding planning will run smoothly if you do.
A bridesmaid duty may include some or most of the list provided below, as this is only a guide, you can add or subtract off of the list to suit your wedding requirements. The bridesmaid responsibilities will also differ because each wedding is unique.
The bridesmaid responsibilities
- Help the brides with the planning of the wedding
- The help the bride with errands of the wedding day.
- Helps decorate ceremony if necessary.
- They help with organising or assisting with hair and make-up.
- Helps with or the making of table decorations and or diy wedding crafts.
- Helps with arranging wedding favours or bombonniere.
- Helps maid or matron of honour with Hens night and bridal shower.
- Bridesmaids pay for their own wedding attire and accessories.
- They pay for travel expenses and accommodation during the celebration.
- They attend pre-wedding parties.
- Attend ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
The Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaids walk behind the bride during the wedding procession
- Stands near her during the ceremony.
- They are photographed as part of the wedding party.
- May receive a shower gift and wedding gift from the bride.
- Share the cost of the bridal shower with the maid or matron of honour.
At the reception
- Are is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- Are photographed as part of the wedding party.
- Have a dance with the groomsmen
- Assists the maid or matron of honour when needed.
- Help decorate reception if necessary.
- Help load gifts into car.
- Help with with any clean-up at the end of the night
Bridal Party Duties