The Bridal Party
Groomsmen's Duty and Responsibilities
In ancient times, groomsmen were essentially the groom's bodyguards, so the groomsmen duties were to ensure nothing happened to prevent the groom from taking his rightful place next to his bride.
Today, the groomsmen duties tend to be a little less dangerous and are generally restricted to helping the best man organise the stag party and ensuring the groom isn't inebriated and handcuffed to any outbound train. As a rough groomsmen guide - be prepared for photo-opportunites and try to help the groom and best man on the wedding day.
Wedding Groomsmen Responsibilities
- Help pick out your tuxes and show up for fittings.
- Help plan and share the cost of the bachelor party with the best man.
- Attend ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Pay for their own wedding attire or formal wear rentals.
- Helps with loading and unloading cars of decorations, liquor etc.
- Pay for their travel expenses and accommodation during the celebration.
- Responsible for returning of any formal wear or tux.
The Wedding Ceremony
- Greet and seat guests at the ceremonyin the appropriate positions.
- They stand near the groom during the ceremony.
- Escort the bridesmaids from the ceremony.
At the Reception
- Are is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- During the reception, they mingle with the guests.
- Is photographed as part of the wedding party.
- Have a dance with the bridesmaids.
- They assist by encouraging single young men in catching the garter.
- Help load the wedding gift in the car.
- They may receive one wedding gift.
Bridal Party Duties