The Bridal Party
Pageboy & Ring Bearers Duty & Responsibility
His main role is to look extremely cute and elicit squeals of adoration from his grandmother and her friends.
In his ring-bearer duties, he carries a pillow with ring or rings tied in the centre with ribbon that is attached to the pillow.
Wise heads usually place false rings on the pillow. Imagine the difficulty in prising away the rings from a squalling 5 year old if he is determined to keep them.
The ring bearer walks in front of or besides the flower girl followed by the bride, her father and her train bearers.
Once in the church and the bearer of the ring carries the pillow to the Maid of Honour and Best Man who remove the rings. His role complete, the young ring bearer reverts to his original role of looking cute.
young ring bearer, pageboy, train bearer
The duties of the Page boy, Ring-Bearer or Train-Bearers
Train bearer, Pageboy responsibility
- The ring-bearer carries a pillow with a ring or rings tied to the pillow.
- Attends the ceremony rehearsal.
- Families of the boy are expected to pay for attire and accessories.
The Wedding Ceremony
- The ring-bearer walks in front of or besides the flower girl at the ceremony.
- With real rings, the ring-bearer carries the pillow to the Maid of Honour and Best Man who remove the rings.
- The train-bearers follow the bride and carry the bridal train.
- The ring and train bearers stand near the groomsmen or sit with their families.
- Are photographed as part of the wedding party.
At the Reception
- The boys usually sit with their families not at the bridal table.
- They have several dances with the flower girls.