SAPPHIRE - 45th Wedding Anniversary Gifts, Ideas
(or Cat's Eye Gemstone)
Sapphire can of course come in several different colours. The stone (like the ruby) is a corundum or aluminium oxide. The colour is determined by the other trace elements found in the crystal. In other words, if you super-heat aluminium powder you wind up with sapphire, albeit without the little flaws that make natural sapphires natural. If you are buying sapphires for a 45th wedding anniversary gift or any other important occasion, it is advisable to find out whether the stone has been heated. If it has, it is not a natural stone but enhanced or synthetic in which case the price should be much lower.
Some natural sapphires such as St Edwards’s Sapphire adorning the imperial state crown of Britain, are worth a fortune, while those with humbler (laboratory made) origins come with matching price.
The origins of the word sapphire go back to biblical times where they are referred to as `sappir’ in the Biblical book of Exodus. The word simply meant `precious stone’ but by Roman times, the sapphire was definitely differentiated as the stone we know. The tradition of sapphires as a 45th anniversary gift doesn’t go back that far, but it is firmly entrenched for those lovers of tradition. As for lovers of the sapphire itself, whether they come in rings or draped around our necks, any occasion will do.
Here are a few examples of sapphire 45th anniversary gifts for your consideration.
Modern & Traditional - 45th Anniversary Gift Ideas (Sapphire)
- Sapphire blue ring with diamonds.
- Blue sapphine cufflinks.
- Pink sapphire earrings and pendant.
- Simulated pink sapphire stud earrings.
- Sapphire tie pin or slide.
- Sapphire studded earrings.
- Enhanced, synthetic or laboratory made sapphires.
- Pink sapphire pendant necklace.
- Blue cubic zirconia jewelry.
- Simulated sapphire encrusted brooch.
Modern - 45th Anniversary Gift Ideas (Blue Inspired gifts)
- Blue sapphire bowl.
- Blue sapphire party theme.
- Electric blue cufflinks.
- Blue sapphire inspired tie.
- Blue crystal or glass art.
- Blue lingerie.
- Sapphire blue inspired ties.
- Blue items of clothing.
- Blue Swarovski figurines.
- Rich blue vase.
- Decorative bowl.
- Blue glassware.