Best Man Responsibility
This is the man who lends an ear when his best friend - the groom - is overwhelmed with the planning of the wedding.
Important best man duties include carrying the expensive wedding rings to the church and paying vendors on his behalf. He frees up time for the groom to prepare himself for the wedding. He is a valuable and trusted friend.
Another important best man duty is being in charge of organising the groomsmen and delegating tasks to the wedding ushers. It is a best man responsibility to ensure everything on the wedding day runs smoothly, according to plan and on schedule.
The best man at a wedding can be any age, but must be a mature and responsible manager. He also must be is well groomed and well dressed.
Best Man Duties, Best Man Etiquette:
Best Man Responsibilities are
- He plans and pays for bachelor party with groomsmen.
- He pays for his own attire.
- Attends ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Helps the groom dress and gets him to the church on time.
The Wedding Ceremony
- He pays the clergyman on behalf of the groom and bride.
- Signs and witnesses the Marriage Certificate.
- He holds the Bride's ring until the ceremony.
- Supervises the groomsmen.
At the reception
- He acts as the host, welcoming the guests at the reception.
- He is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- Is photographed as part of the wedding party.
- He offers the first toast to the bride and groom.
- He dances with the Bride after the groom and both fathers.
- Dances with the matron of honour
- He is responsible for packing the suitcases into the honeymoon car.
- Any tickets, keys etc are in his safekeeping.
- Helps the bride and groom depart when the night is done.
- Collects and returns all formal wear rentals on time.
- Arranges transportation and drives the couple to the hotel or the airport.
- May receive a gift from the groom.
Bridal Party Duties