Maid of Honor Duties and
Being a maid of honor means, you are the bride's chief cohort, her number one assistant and best girlfriend.
To be part of the bridal party is a great honor and a high compliment, as only the elite are chosen to be part of the team. The maid of honor or matron of honor, is often a relative or close friend of the bride, she has to be dependable, because she helps in all facets of the wedding planning.
The Matron of Honor or Maid of Honor Duties
Maid of honor responsibilities
- She helps the bride pick her wedding dress.
- Pays for her own dress and accessories.
- Hosts the hen's night or bridal shower.
- Signs the Marriage Certificate.
- She carries the groom's ring.
The Wedding Ceremony
- Helps the bride with dressing and assists with the train,
- Assists with the bridal veil.
- Holds the bride's bouquet during the ceremony.
- Carries an emergency kit with needle and thread.
- Carries extra nylons, a roll of tape etc...
- Holds a copy of any special prayers.
- Holds a copy of any readings for the ceremony.
- She stands by the bride at the altar.
- Supervises the bridesmaids.
At the reception
- She is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- During the reception, she mixes with the guests.
- Is photographed as part of the wedding party.
- She dances with the best man at the reception.
- She helps the bride with her train during bridal waltz.
- Helps the brides with train during photography.
- Gathers the single women for bouquet toss.
- Assists the bride in dressing for the honeymoon.
- Returning clothing items to the bride's home after the reception.
- May receive a shower gift and wedding gift from the bride.
Bridal Party Duties